TECHNET Archives

June 2001

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:48:53 +0300
Jorge

If you can guarantee that it will be impossible for condensation to
occur on the assembly, then it may be you could dispense with conformal
coating. This can be done by not using a weatherproof/dust-tight box,
but a hermetic one, and making sure that it is filled with a dry gas.
Alternatively, you can heat the assemblies and any metalwork above them
to about 10°C over ambient, so that any condensation will occur below
the assemblies, where it can do no harm. You may find cleaning and
coating the easiest solution, though.

Brian