TECHNET Archives

May 2001

From:
Genny Gibbard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 08:20:59 -0600
OK, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.  It sounds like IST may be
more universal than just applying to NiAu boards, but it was in connection
with that process that I first heard about it.  My second question was just
as important to me, though, and no one has mentioned any info.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.  What kind of tape would you use for
a tape test to check for 'black pads' or nickel oxidation problems on a NiAu
board?

Also, does anyone know whether NiAu would have any adverse effects on high
frequency signals, 2GHz and up, compared to a HASL finish?

Thank you in advance.