TECHNET Archives

May 2001

From:
"Ingemar Hernefjord (EMW)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 14:35:22 +0200
Don't know how small indicators you need, Bev. Came to think of old sort of mechanical thing I saw many years ago. Was based on stuff that changed length or volume when wetted. Kind of simple mechanism tripped and red sign appeared. Same idea as those 'heat buttons' inserted in the body when you buy chickens. When the meat is heated to certain depth and time, the tiny thing triggers and 'plepp', you know the chicken is ready. Costs nothing in volumes.
These days with micromechanic tech should make this a piece of a cake. So if chemistry does not fulfill your requirements, try micromech.

Ingemar