TECHNET Archives

May 2001

From:
John Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 09:22:58 -0300
Hi all,
I saw something like this before but not quite this bad. The PWB board
vendor was using a UV initiated thermo set LPI solder mask and was skipping
the UV part of the cure. A little temp cycling and add some humidity and
similar results, lifted mask and exposed metal. We discovered the UV part
during a facility audit. Perhaps a check of SM material, SM vendor process
and what the PWB vendor is actually doing.

John Maxwell