TECHNET Archives

May 2001

From:
David Hillman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 10:50:48 -0500
Hi Steve! Did any of the other 15 assemblies exhibit this "eaten"
appearance? Condensation (on its own/by itself)  in a thermal cycle chamber
will not cause the attack you have experienced. Condensation with flux
residue or fabrication residues can cause the condition on that assembly.
Could someone have done some hand soldering but forgot to clean?

Dave Hillman
Rockwell Collins

"Stephen R. Gregory" <[log in to unmask]>@IPC.ORG> on 05/21/2001 10:22:32 AM

Please respond to "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
      to [log in to unmask]

Sent by:  TechNet <[log in to unmask]>