TECHNET Archives

May 2001

From:
Sherman Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 15:08:30 -0700
Hello everyone,
We have an interesting situation. We have product that is too thin to meet
our card edge connector specification by about 2 mils. We need to build up
these gold tabs by at least one mil (0.001") on each side of the board. The
tabs are now approx one ounce copper with 200 micro inches of nickel and 30
micro inches of gold. Thoughts were to build up gold with electroless, or
strip gold/nickel, plate up copper, then replate nickel and gold. Has anyone
ever come across this sort of situation before? Any ideas? Note: Some of
this product is on panel format, some single boards, and some loaded boards.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Sherman Banks
Finisar Corp.