TECHNET Archives

May 2001

From:
Graham Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 13:02:36 -0400
It's true, although now it seems to be intermittent.  Right now I can see the site, but the pictures all come up as place holders - no image.  The problem is this - how do I convince them that it's a serious, business related site, when the first thing they see (and remember) is Steve's shirt?  And if I can get them past the shirt, there is the picture of Jack!

Ah well.  Luckily my cable modem at home works perfectly.  Life is good.

Hey, I've changed the subject line and will talk conformal coating wicking so as to hopefully reduce the number of irate lurkers out there!  :-)

We have problems with coating wicking up into connectors, we use latex mask around the perimeter.  We then touch up with a brush as required.  Not the best solution, so if other Technetters have a better way please do tell, but it works.

regards

Graham Collins
Process Engineer, Litton Systems Canada, Atlantic Facility
(902) 873-2000 ext 6215

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/10/01 01:18PM >>>
Hi Joe!!

It might very well be, Graham Collins sent me a email saying that has just
happened to him yesterday morning..he said that he thinks they use
"Cyberpatrol Net Nannie"

Why a firewall would want to block my site is beyond me...maybe it's the
shirt B^D

-Steve Gregory-

<< All:

Every time I try to access Steve's link, I get this message:

Thank you for visiting this Homestead Web site.
We can't find the page you requested. Please check to make
sure that you typed the correct address, or try searching our
Directory of member sites.

I've had this problem since he set up the site, and until now
I've assumed that these were temporary hiccups. Searching
their directory, as suggested, doesn't work. This happens
with both MSIE and Netscape.

Anyone else seen this problem? Could it be a firewall issue
on my end?

Joe Kane
BAE SYSTEMS Controls >>