TECHNET Archives

May 2001

From:
"Crepeau, Phil" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 10:33:27 -0700
hi,

in case you haven't gotten a response to your problem, here's what i think.  it's pretty well known that plating to passivated nickel will cause what you have seen.  consequently, platers need to take special precautions to remove any passivation and then keep the nickel from passivating before the overplating process.  doesn't seem that your vendor is able to do that consistently?  you need to have a long talk with them.

phil