LEADFREE Archives

May 2001

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 10:07:58 +0300
Harvey

Swiss cheese is not made in the EU and, in any case, is climically
exempt from any smell-producing bacteria. I suggest a nice, ripe, raw
milk Savoyard reblochon may be nearer the mark! :-)

The interesting novelty in your message is the risk assessment phase,
something I've shouted loud and clear for.

What I don't understand is how they can enact a law dependent on a risk
assessment before the assessment takes place! And who will conduct it,
politicians?

I have no idea whether the 15 current member states will pass it.
Unfortunately, two of the most influential ones, Germany and the UK,
will almost certainly try to steam-roller it through, the same as they
steam-rollered the regulations on trichloroethylene on bad science and
no risk assessment.

At the best, it is a rather thick thin end of the wedge. At the worst,
and this I fear, it's the whole bloody wedge.

Brian