LEADFREE Archives

May 2001

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Kay Nimmo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 08:22:03 +0100
Dear LW Foo

ISO 9453 was published in 1990 by the International Organisation for
Standardisation. It deals with soft solder alloys, chemical compositions
and forms.

Curently listed forms of solder are; ingot, slab, bar, stick, rod, wire,
pellets, preforms and powder. Spheres are not specifically listed, only
because the standard is over 10 years old. They will be added during the
current review process which will also add SnAgCu and other lead-free
alloys.

Kay

+++++ Visit our lead-free.org website +++++
Soldertec at Tin Technology Ltd, Kingston Lane,
Uxbridge, Middx, UK, UB8 3PJ
tel: +44 (0)1895 272406  fax: +44 (0)1895 251841
[log in to unmask] and www.lead-free.org