LEADFREE Archives

May 2001

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Sat, 26 May 2001 09:42:54 +0300
Gordon

Of course, what will be most interesting is Amendment 5 recital 10,
stating "The technical development of electrical and electronic
equipment without heavy metals ... should be taken into account.". The
term "heavy metals" is very vague and unscientific but is most often
considered as all metallic elements or alloys containing them with an
atomic number exceeding 26 (iron). This would therefore include (amongst
many others) Ni, Cu, Ag, Sn, Au. It would be interesting to see any
electronics device not containing any of these metals!

Brian