TECHNET Archives

April 2001

From:
Bev Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:01:03 -0400
Ioan,
Well you answered Bill and I on the wave.  So, so much for that.  But have
you tried cleaning a bare board and then running it through?  You say there
is nothing on the pads.  How did you determine that?

Auger definitely requires an outside lab, unless you have a half mil to
spare - dollars, not distance.  :)  FTIR really requires a chem tech or
chemist, etc.

You can train a good operator to use a wetting balance.  They just need a
steady hand and something on the ball.  I would say the same for SERA,
although a chemical background for better interpretation would be nice.
$30K - 60K range each to buy.

Bev