TECHNET Archives

April 2001

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 08:08:20 -0500
Dear Douglas Pauls,

Good afternoon!

*Well, good morning to you Michael.

Please give me information on how to clean test sockets or IC sockets.

Any information you can give would be of big help to us.

*When you ask how to clean test sockets, the first question that comes to
mind is what soils are you trying to clean.  Are you cleaning component
sockets mounted on a printed wiring assembly, or are you cleaning test
fixtures that assemblies plug into, or what?  Are the sockets open ended,
such that fluid can flow through them, or are they closed and represent an
entrapment site?  Are you talking about residue buildup on in-circuit test
pins?  What fluxes are you using or what soils are you trying to clean?

Thank you very much!

*My pleasure.  Give me a little more detail on the nature of your problem
or question and I'll give you a better answer.  Take a look at one of
Ingemar Hernefjord posts to see what I mean about good background setup.

Doug Pauls
Rockwell Collins
Where it is foggy as hell today