TECHNET Archives

April 2001

From:
Gary McCauley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 09:07:46 -0500
Kathy,

Brian has given you the most complete answer.  If you can live with up
to 10 micro S of conductivity, I would consider using RO.  It will be
preceded with carbon which will remove most of the organics and
the RO most of the ionic contamination.  Then, if you need purer
water, you can put mixed beds at the end of the RO for very high
quality.  The mixed bed resins can be rented or bought.  The RO
will greatly extend the life of the mixed beds.  The best combination
depends on the quality and quantity of water needed.  If you need or
use RO elsewhere, you can put small mixed beds at point of use.

Gary McCauley