TECHNET Archives

April 2001

From:
Young Hwan Ju <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:18:47 +0900
 $)CThank you for your useful and prompt response.
Yes, Pete I am talking about drill bits for PCB fabrication.
And what I want to know is what kind of bit defect is likely to happen by
incorrect resharpening compared to new bit production.

Regards
Jay Ju

-----  H8<[GQ   ;g6w : YoungHwan Ju/SimmTech ( 2001-04-26 05:17 PM ) -----

                    peter.duncan@s  <v=E@N :        "TechNet E-Mail Forum." <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
                    t.com.sg        B|A6@N :
                                    A&8q :           Re: [TN] The standard bit inspection spec
                    2001-04-26
                    04:56 PM

Hi, Jay Ju,

Are you talking about drill bits for PCB fabrication? If you are, I cannot
give you an inspection spec number, but major defects caused by incorrect
resharpening might include incorrect hole size and smearing of the hole
walls. Smearing will have to be cleaned up by reaming the holes prior to
plating or you will not achieve proper connection to inner layers, good
plating adhesion or even plating thickness.

If the bits are for a different application, please specify what it is.

Regards

Pete Duncan

                    Young Hwan Ju

                    <yhju@SIMMTEC        To:     [log in to unmask]

                    H.CO.KR>             cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [TN] The standard bit
inspection spec
                    TechNet

                    04/26/01

                    02:08 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "TechNet

                    E-Mail

                    Forum.";

                    Please

                    respond to

                    yhju

Hi, all subscribers
In incoming inspection of  both new bit and resharpened bit, Can you make
me know the standard spec if anyone knows about that.
And I' would like to know the exclusive major defects caused by wrong bit
resharpening operation.

regards
Jay Ju

To temporarily halt delivery of Technet send the following message: SET
Technet NOMAIL
E-mail Archives
Please visit IPC web site (http://www.ipc.org/html/forum.htm) for
additional