TECHNET Archives

April 2001

From:
Rick Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 06:36:51 -0700
Steve,

It certainly is possible.  We have a dryer connected in-line with our
compressor, and I'd bet my next paycheck if I go out and check the traps
right now I'll find no water...and I haven't looked at them in more than a
month.  In our system the compressor tank itself does need regular draining
due to the condensation build-up, but very little, if any, moisture gets in
the lines.  Sounds like your dryer isn't doing it's job or there's outside
air getting into the system downstream from the dryer. Is the compressor on
24 hours or do the lines drop to normal pressure at night?  I have seen
problems at another facility we had where the compressor was shutdown at
night and we would get condensation in the galvanized lines.  We figured it
was some point in the system that was drawing in outside air when the
pressure dropped to normal, although we were never able to confirm that.

Rick Thompson
Ventura Electronics Assembly
2655 Park Center Dr.
Simi Valley, CA 93065