TECHNET Archives

April 2001

From:
David Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:54:36 -0700
"Help! Still on the road" wuzzindat a Willie Nelson song?

Hoping I've interpreted your requirement properly, my intent in providing
these selections is to provide references that someone could use to better
understand fatigue mechanisms that occur in solder connections.

For straight forward, down to earth, lay-person's language try:

Soldering In Electronics; R. J. Klein Wassink; Electrochemical Publications
[Telephone: +44 (0)1624 834941 http://www.elchempub.com]; 2nd Edition; ISBN
0 901150 24 X; p. 185-194.

For more detailed, analytical tact try:

Solder Mechanics, A State Of The Art Assessment; D.J. Frear, et al; The
Minerals, Metals, Materials & Society [Telephone: 724-776-9024
http://www2.tms.org/ ]; ISBN 0 87339 166 7; Ch 3

Turning back from things that make most scratch their head too much, try:

A Scientific Guide To Surface Mount Technology; C. Lea; Electrochemical
Publications [Telephone: +44 (0)1624 834941 http://www.elchempub.com]; ISBN
0 901150 22 3; p. 396-407

Completing a Electrochemical trifecta from an approachability stand-point .

A Comprehensive Guide To The Design And Manufacture Of Printed Board
Assemblies - Volume 1; W. Macleod Ross; Electrochemical Publications
[Telephone: +44 (0)1624 834941 http://www.elchempub.com]; ISBN 0 901150 32
0; p. 650-666

Good luck.  If this meet your needs, let's restart.
Dave Fish