TECHNET Archives

March 2001

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 22:47:39 +0100
Kathy

To all repondents..hang on a moment....

Whilst I am surely to be shot at, there is to my understanding, a
"difference" between "treating" organic (soft) water and lime/calcium (hard)
water.

The former would generally require Reverse Osmosis (RO) membrane filtration,
and the latter DE-I filtration via the use of various resins - this is
intended to be understood by an accountant!

Dependant upon the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) content of the mains water
supply, so would you define the use of RO or De-I as your "water treatment
system".

We have some customers using water that is the colour of tea, yet it does
not have a high "salt" presence, only high organic loading - makes wonderful
whisky! Can't speak for electronics though. Others have water so hard, you
need a steel helmet in the shower!

Check your mains water quality for TDS and filter to suit. Use Ionic
cleanliness testing (ROSE / SEC) maybe SIR to be sure of no compromise to
the end product reliability.

Regards, Graham Naisbitt

www.concoat.co.uk

Concoat Limited                     www.concoat.co.uk