TECHNET Archives

March 2001

From:
"Ingemar Hernefjord (EMW)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:55:30 +0200
Depends on  weight, Hann.
The heavier the package, the more compressed balls. If you talk collapsed balls. I have had a look on BGAs from some 200 up to 1200 balls, and with varying weight. They seem to collapse so that you get a delta from anything between 10% height reduction to 50%. The later are called 'squashy' by guru W. Notice that the delta can be both plus or minus! All balls are not necessarily compressed. If we have to do with a 'manta' package, the bowing can cause both elongated and compressed shapes. IBM Fishkill once put into my head that the resulting balls must have a barrel form, but I now learn that the shape is not so essential in most practical applications. But of cause the computer is right in theory.
Ingemar