TECHNET Archives

March 2001

From:
Phil Crepeau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:21:46 -0800
hi,

did you remove the transceiver chip then resolder that chip to the pwb?  if so, case closed; soldering would seem to be the problem.  you should have your vendor solder them the way you do.

if you replaced the poorly performing transceiver with a 'new' one, did you compare the performance of the removed part with the one you are replacing it with?

sounds like a candidate for a designed experiment.

phil