TECHNET Archives

March 2001

From:
"Ingemar Hernefjord (EMW)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:59:41 +0100
Yes H,
think you are right. If using std bluetape+wobble and scribing you certainly have a nut to crack. The question is full of trouble already from beginning. That's why I'm asking if anyone out there dared. Am sure Big Blue or a Toshiba or someone of the progressive elephants have something cooking in secret labs, no meaning ask them. But film makers should be interested to sell, supposedly. My thought is that you need something that behave brittle for enhancing the scribe process, but becomes 'wet' above +100C or so. Old good AuSi eutectic scrubbing would still do if not for new SiGe, GaAs and other new discs. So, mmm, you should know if any!

Ingemar