TECHNET Archives

March 2001

From:
Edward Szpruch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:03:05 +0200
Emily,
Just following Rudy`s advice and with my own experience of 15 years fighting
with alkaline etchers:you have to assure,that all operating conditions are
constant,as:
1) the same replenisher.you have to set tight spec for your supplier and ask
for COA .
2) check,if you are not loosing ammonia in your storage or supply tank
3) set once air suction system and be sure,that this is the same one.You
have to assure,that air is closed while etcher is not operating and minimise
time when spray pumps are working without copper to be etched
4) check sensitivity of your specific gravity controller and response time
of the system
Personally,I found the in line pH meter more as source of headaches than
real measuring device.The required accuracy of pH meter is 0.1 and when we
reached the point of calibrating 4 times a day,we just took the in-line pH
meter away.
Good luck
Edward

Edward Szpruch
Eltek , Manager of Process Engineering
P.O.Box 159 ; 49101 Petah Tikva Israel
Tel  ++972 3 9395050 , Fax  ++972 3 9309581
e-mail   [log in to unmask]