TECHNET Archives

March 2001

From:
Emily Tse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:04:27 -0500
Dear All,

First of all, thanks for those who'd replied, it sure gave us some hints on
some of the methods that are used for quality checking on etching process.

For the quality of etching process, many of you have suggested cross section
analysis and surface analysis such as SEM/EDX. One of the other suggestions
is a passive way analysis on the quality of etching by evaluating the
chemical properties (such as the Cu concentration) of etchant after the
etching process.

All of the above are some good ways to start, yet we wonder if there's any
"real time" analysis on the etching quality?  We're looking for some method
that is simple enough to be carried out on the production floor, while
actively controlled the etching process (instead of using the quality of the
etchant AFTER the etching process)

Any ideas?

Looking forward for your reply!

Sincerely,