TECHNET Archives

March 2001

From:
Robert Vanech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:34:29 +0000
  Earl,
         Just in case some might think it is impossibe,
  we have been using 14 layer, bgas-stuffed both sides,
  fine-line quads, 0402, etc,etc, for several years in,
  at least, 5 part numbers.  We are now looking at 16
  layers!!! Of course it is using thin core material and
  is NOT cheap!!  So, as you pointed out, get with your
  fabricator(s) and check out their capibilities and
  review your documentation and end product requirements.
           This tended to be a science project, but since
  both the board fabricator and assembiler were involved
  from the begining, we have had minimual problems, but
  no show stoppers. Again, this has been in small
  quantities, 50-75 of each.  Just another view.

  Bob Vanech
  Mango DSP

  P.S. Wish the snow would stop..AAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!