TECHNET Archives

February 2001

From:
"Busko, Wolfgang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:41:31 +0100
Ken, Christian, Alejandro,

the thing with Pb vapour is just sitting in some corners of my memory, heard
many many years ago from (I canīt even remember who) one  "soldering
expert". Not something scientifically.
It sticks there maybe as a reminder that temperatures that high are not good
at all for soldering and people.

For Alejandro: Just turning down the temperatures might not be the help
cause perhaps your equipment doesnīt allow for good soldering anymore or
your operators will not be able to produce  good joints anymore.
The advice from Moffid seems the most suitable, aquiring external advice on
equipment and the correct use of it with additional training of your
operators where they learn that itīs gonna work that way might be the right
thing to do if you encounter problems with certain rearrangements regarding
temperatures.
Itīs of no help if you change the settings by order and your soldering
doesnīt work anymore
I noticed that after training the operators stopped arguing about
"limitations" instead they asked for the proper equipment.

best regards
Wolfgang