TECHNET Archives

February 2001

From:
David Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:57:46 -0800
Dale's crash wasn't nearly as spectacular as the earlier pile-up, but he
went head first into the wall at 180.  All that force had to go some where.
Jersey Barriers are just so unforegiving.  The car just sort of drolled off
the wall after the impact.

And he came unglued while blocking for his team mates.  So many great
stories, like racing at Indy like a week after after the crash at Talladega
in '96 that busted-up his sternum.  He was someone that got people
interested in racing, for no small part because he was such a great guy off
the track.  BIG heart!!!

Dave