TECHNET Archives

February 2001

From:
"Abu-Hamdeh, Gus" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:41:03 -0800
We use a gross leak tester here which is a large tank full of FC-40.  The
FC-40 is at 130C +/- 5C. We look for a stream of bubbles.   Helium gas (fine
leak) is not a good test when you have a big gap because the Helium will no
longer be present by the time the part is in Air.  That is why for hermatic
package, the package is tested for fine leak followed by a gross leak test.

Gus Abu-Hamdeh
Maxtek Component Corp.
2905 Southwest Hocken Avenue
Beaverton, OR 97005