TECHNET Archives

February 2001

From:
Roger Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:15:27 -0600
we use the Temprobes all the time. A couple of tricks are, the probes have
some spring to them, so make sure they held down firmly in place near where
you want it, then tighten the clamp (make sure the probe is mounted on the
clamp so that the tightening motion is towards the probe tip to apply some
spring tension (otherwise the tip could tend to lift during tightening).
When placing the tip I like to start beside the pad so as not to disturb the
part when tightening the clamp. The tip can then be moved over to the pad.
With a little spring pressure applied like this you will not get any false
readings and not have to worry about taping down any wires accross the rest
of the board.