TECHNET Archives

February 2001

From:
Gary Camac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:10:19 -0600
Kelly & Brian,

Well, ya got me curious if I have been living on a fault line for the last 15 years.  I took a
look at the 3 1/2 digit LCD we have been using.  We have over 100,000 of these units in the
field.  The area where the legs are clipped to the backplane glass is coated.  The area
between the backplane and the cell glass has a rather heavy fillet of some type a sealant.

It is possible that this sealant is protecting the ITO (indium tin oxide) traces that come off
the backplane and out to the attachment points, from attack and contamination.

Gary Camac