TECHNET Archives

February 2001

Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:19:45 +0800
Dear Engelmaier,

      Nice meeting your too.

      Actually, the same problem had happened in our factory, the failure can locate in PBGA&SJ, After much efforts on SJ doubt, the problem still existed, and the BGA failure analysis showed  much problem in it's process, then vender began to accept it was his problem, and now the problem was solved.

     But this kind problem comes out again in another board, this time we cannot locate problem in single BGA and SJ under BGA. Because the components is a system to function which many component including PBGA, chip, QFP..., we cannot test the function between components through ICT or other method. So we only know the system is failure, including series of components, SJ, PCB(HDI). and the board is very expensive. only way I can do is exclude one by one through destructive analysis, but still cannot locate the failure.

    The PWB is our company first HDI board(1+N).our X-ray machine is HP 5DX.  and through

component analysis we cannot find obvious failure.now we concern about PWB quality.

    By the way, when reflowing PBGA, the SJ height will short under the function of BGA gravity, now we had one TBGA which is much more weight than comman PBGA, and which ball material still is Sn63/Pb37. I am worry about the reliablity of SJ. So can you tell me which height is safety to SJ in the communication product?

    Thanks for your input.

Best Regards,

Liu Changkang