TECHNET Archives

January 2001

From:
Tom Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:03:02 -0500
Got some hits on the P3960 part number by searching connectors at
http://www.freetradezone.com .  From looking at some of the -1 and -2
datasheets it appears to be the right connector family, except the webpage
they give is for MarkTech OptoElectronics, which doesn't manufacture
connectors.

However, by looking at the cover page for the 1996-1997 catalog listing the
matching datasheets, I found the name MarkTech International, which
manufactures connectors and appears to be the parent company of MarkTech
OptoElectronics.  Couldn't find a webpage for them, though.  Mectronic
(http://www.mectronic.com) lists some contact information:

    MARKTECH INTL/TOSHIBA
    LATHAM, NY 12110
    USA
     PH: 518/786-6591 FX: 518/786-6599

Their product lines appear to use MT as a prefix, but I don't know where the
J (or I?) comes from.

Anyway, the connector just looks like a standard PC-AT motherboard power
supply crimp terminal and housing.  It might be easier to obtain an
equivalent, like the Molex 90331-0001.  These parts have all but become
obsoleted though, by the new ATX motherboard style power connectors.

-- Tom Taylor