TECHNET Archives

January 2001

From:
Cal Driscoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:04:27 -0500
Chris-
Sorry you missed the APEX Show.
I need to elaborate on one of your quotes: "Last year a number of major
suppliers didn't go to the event and went to APEX instead -is this set to
continue / get worse this year or are the companies that missed out last
year coming back" The major companies did not miss out - they were driven'
away. The Major players (Siemens, Cookson, Philips, Universal,
Dek,..........) along with IPC SMEMA Council are the back bone and success
of APEX. I can assure you they will not be "going back".
From your posting I assume you are looking for machines/ materials
manufacturers. APEX was the best spot to find this information. There a host
of other smaller shows in  North America but as Phil Z. put it in an earlier
posting, Productronica (Nov 6-9, 2001) is your next best shot of seeing
equipment under one roof.
Looking ahead: Productronica Nov 6-9, 2001 and then APEX  January 19-26,
2002 should give you all the information on equipment you need.

Best regards,
CAL
ACI- Equipment Advisory Board