TECHNET Archives

January 2001

From:
Phil Nutting <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 15:30:44 -0500
This brings up an interesting question.  How does this compare to ESD with
regards to problems on the boards.? I don't doubt that moisture in the
boards may cause problems but to what level? Is this something we should put
lots of money and time into?  We can bake our PTH boards before wave solder
and the finished boards before submerging in dielectric oil, but is this all
relative to the level of humidity in the building (fab area) and how long
the bare boards have been on hand?

Thanks in advance for your wealth of information.

Phil Nutting
Manufacturing Engineer
Kaiser Systems, Inc.
High Voltage Power Supplies That Work(tm)
126 Sohier Road
Beverly, MA 01915
ph: 978-922-9300
fx: 978-922-8374