TECHNET Archives

January 2001

From:
Brad Kendall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 16:57:21 -0800
Jowan,
The biggest difference is the hot seal tends to peel
better since it is just a slight melt between the two
plastics.  A cold seal is generally a Pressure
Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) and that tends to be more
difficult to peel back for some feeders.  However,
most taping machines that you would purchase for lower
volume taping are going to use PSA due to lower cost.
You can check out V-tek online at vtekusa.com for more
info on LV taping machines.

Brad