TECHNET Archives

January 2001

From:
"Terveen, James @ NARDAEAST" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:55:49 -0500
Steve, I do alot of this kind of boards seeing that we are an RF house.  For
some reason the design guys seem to think that the mask will effect the RF
performance of the boards,  I have yet to see that happen when we have
changed over to an all soldermasked board and some of our boards go up to 26
GHz.   From what I saw on your picture you will probably have some
tomestoning but not nearly as much as you may think.  The problem you have
is they are trying to go to ground on the components and those are the areas
that may cause you the most problem  But I don't think it will be nearly as
bad as you think it is going to be.

Good Luck