LEADFREE Archives

January 2001

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Lynch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:31:59 -0700
Nick:

Good questions and all valid........A new group here in USA is
considering implementing a whisker test and is having good success to
date................can you supply known good and known whisker prone
samples to verify??

Also what committment to this kind of service could you commit to? They
want to work with several consistant supliers and serve as a continuous
process monitoring support lab along with continuous improvements.

We at ON Semi will have data from Japan in 2 days   let's chat next
week.

Are there salts involved in this accelerated testing for whiskers?
What are the leadframes or underlayers?

To the forum, please respond if you have similar interests....

John Lynch
Director Integrated Manufacturing
Program Director, Lead-Free
ON Semiconductor