DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

January 2001

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
DesignerCouncil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:35:44 -0600
From:
Chris Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Guys,
Looking at the issue long term I use 3 types.
Why? Well If I use a 1 next to pin 1 on the silk,
I can easily remove it using "alter"
I use the standard "arc" on packages as well
as the square pin1 (On externals only)

Pad 1 is easy enough to change, but have never had that problem.

For extremely close boards You may need to remove  the 1 from
the silk. (many use a square box, which is by standard, better, but
for accel and the non-windowable "alter" the 1 was preferred)
Sometimes the silk outline is hidden.

The use of all three takes the most work, but long term is the most
practical.
I gathered this from the 300 different designer's boards that came
across my desk as a cam guy.

Hope this helps.

Chris Robertson