TECHNET Archives

December 2000

From:
Earl Moon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 16:15:22 -0600
Yes, and the other thing about FPA was when the little pins became
projectiles capable of piercing stencil foils. One of our over zealous
maintenance techs lubed the rising tables surface creating a velocity
magnifier.

The boys from Britain replaced on table at a cost of about 12 hours. Though
a warranty replacement, the downtime was close to devistating. Sure learned
a lot during that adventure.

Also, we had extra long Fuji stencil frames extending into the machine. The
camera/board stop mechanism often did not stop the panels and all the paste
was deposited on the table amongst the pins. That caused some clean up time
as well because of the 30000 or so parts associated with the table assembly.
Quite a sticky mess even on the NFP autoflex system. However, we placed
mylar shields over all the pins on that one to prevent solder paste getting
down into the rising pins.

Even though the new system of hand toy like impression capabilities, solder
paste could still be an issue. Might talk to the techs about this one and
say hi to Steve Cox on the West Coast, Bob? in the Central time zone and the
new kid (what's his name again?) on the East Coast. They really know their
stuff.

Earl