TECHNET Archives

December 2000

From:
Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 16:35:06 -0500
Russel,

Suggest that you review your competition's information (Kyocera, NTK, etc.)

Our costs varied with the specifics of the ferrules.  For single mode
applications, they were significantly higher.

Most all of ours were special.  As I recall, a zirconia ferrule 0.050" OD by
0.300" long for 100/140um multimode fiber was $5-7 in 2-3K pc range - but
everything about it was custom.  Standard jelly bean ferrules should be <$1

Steven Creswick
CTS RF Integrated Modules

At 03:07 PM 12/28/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Does anyone know here?  I wish I knew of a new group like this that was
>for the fiber optic industry, but this is the closest thing.  I am just
>looking for the going rate on standard ceramic fiber optic ferrules.
>Mainly to see if it is worth us producing them because I know there is a
>shortage.  Anyways any help would be appreciated.
>
>--
>
>     Russell Epstein
>     President
>     Advanced Industrial Ceramics
>     12651 Briar Forest Dr.
>     Houston, Tx 77077
>     Tel: 800-865-0532
>     Tel: 281-497-4788
>     Fax: 281-556-9244

>To temporarily halt delivery of Technet send the following message: SET
Technet NOMAIL
>Search previous postings at: www.ipc.org > On-Line Resources & Databases >
E-mail Archives