LEADFREE Archives

December 2000

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:06:12 +0200
Richard

Unfortunately, I see this table as being too obviously biased. For real
debate, it must be referenced and less categorical or even misleading.

By the way, has anybody thought that many church roofs are lead-coated
and the rain water spurting from the gargoyles must have had trace
quantities of lead in it since for ever, amen? Yet I see the churchyards
as prolific generators of weeds and other vegetation, often browsed by
animals without ill-effect. The standard ecclesiastical yews (taxus
baccata) proliferate, although their foliage may be toxic, but not
because of lead. And the corpses buried therein decompose quite well, so
the bacteria are not affected (a few miraculous saints excepted, of
course). Maybe such churchyards would be a good place to research the
fate of lead in the ground over a millennium of accumulation.

Brian