LEADFREE Archives

December 2000

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Jim Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 17:57:45 -0500
Ryan:

Based on my failure to make clear the conditions under which 450°F is a
suitable wave solder temperature, I also would have agreed with Graham.
I've responded to Graham's posting with more details, however. I hope
the expanded thesis will make you a bit more amenable to my position.

I liked Hans contributions because they expand the whole scope of the
dialog. When I first tied into this forum, the focus was very narrow and
overlooked the multitude of process, materials and environmental issues
that rise up once a seemingly simple change in solder composition is
fully examined.

Jim Smith
Managing Director
Cambridge Management Sciences, Inc.