TECHNET Archives

November 2000

From:
Franklin D Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 13:18:39 -0600
I understand...I'm familiar with Alloy 42/Kovar in leadframe strips I've
plated in a past life.

We plated them up with Cu/Ni/Au without any problems provided the metal
was properly cleaned prior to processing. Our typical cleaning was
electrolytic in nature (a caustic bath using up to 40 amps) then a
sulfuric neutralizer prior to copper flash.

To test our cleaning processes we soldered strips of material
post-clean. The wetting was pretty good which is what we used as a
process indicator for pre-clean.

~tossing out another 2 cents and then some~

Franklin