TECHNET Archives

November 2000

From:
Franklin D Asbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:34:32 -0600
Alloy 42 is a Nickel/Iron Alloy developed for among other reasons, it's
electrical properties in conjunction tensile/ductility. When cleaned
properly Alloy 42 should solder without any problems. One of the most
common causes of solderability failure in this alloy is the use of
non-evaporating oils during stamping/forming. Once trapped in this alloy
it is almost impossible to remove. Non-evaporating oils contain a large
amount of chlorine and sulphur both of which will wreak havoc if not
properly cleaned.

Hope this helps...

Franklin