TECHNET Archives

November 2000

From:
"Thorup, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:29:00 -0800
Hi Steve
Poor Ungar suffered even more indignity than being sold to rival Weller.
Previous to that they were owned by Rubbermaid!
But seriously... the Weller WST20 is like two soldering iron elements each
heating a blade.  The Ungar 875 was a resistance type that passed a current
through the blade.  Is this what you have?  The same Weller page that Phil
directed you to has a listing for the Ungar/Weller 4924 rework station.  One
of the handpieces available for this rig was the 4912 thermal wire stripper
which looks suspiciously like the 875.  If they have support for the 4942
they may be able to help with the 4912.  If it is only blades you're looking
for check out the Teledyne TW series, they look much the same.  (Com-kyl,
Contact East)  good luck

John Thorup