TECHNET Archives

November 2000

From:
Jane Koh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 17:38:11 -0600
Hi everybody,

The IPC Stencil Cleaning Task Group, 5-31g, is currently working on a new document - IPC-7526 "Stencil and Misprinted Board Cleaning Handbook".  On behalf of the task group leaders, Kantesh Doss, Nokia Telecommunications, and Mike Bixenman, Kyzen Corporation, I would like to invite input from the industry on the cleaning of stencils and misprinted boards using manual techniques.

We would really appreciate if you could share with us how you manually remove solder paste and uncured SMT adhesive from the underside of stencils and misprinted PWBs:-
1.  What manual cleaning instruments/accessories do you use?  Saturated wipe, Reusable wipe? Spatula, aerosol, dip & brush?
2.  What chemistry do you use?  Are you using the same type of cleaning media for removing solder paste and uncured adhesive?
3.  What is you maximum allowable time lag between a print step and the removal of solder paste or adhesive?
4.  At what temperature do you perform you stencils/misprinted boards cleaning?
5.  How often do you clean your stencils?
6.  What are the pros and cons of the method you are using?
7.  Would you consider changing to an automated system?

You may submit your input to me at [log in to unmask]  Thank you in advance for your generosity in sharing your knowledge and experiences.

Cordially,
Jane Koh
Technical Project Manager
Staff Liaison for the IPC Stencil Cleaning Task Group

Tel : (847) 790-5349
Fax: (847) 509-9798
E-mail : [log in to unmask]