LEADFREE Archives

November 2000

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Jerry L. Schwab" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:16:44 -0600
Good response - this is the first time I have seen a dissenter speak his mind.
Much more of this needs to occur and maybe the scientific community can get the
point across to the marketing community that there is nothing wrong with
continuing to use tin-lead solder.
The consumer needs to be educated as to the environmental damage that many of
the alternatives pose.  This in many cases far exceed any damage the tin-lead
solder has done; is doing; or will do in the future.  The recycling issue will
be there whether or not tin-lead is continued to be used.  We could be better
served by developing recycling methods to recover the tin-lead and capture the
PWBs before they get to landfills than we currently are trying to find an
alternative solder for a process which is likely to be replaced with better
technology in the next ten years.

"Davy, Gordon" <[log in to unmask]> on 11/01/2000 04:06:55 PM

Please respond to "Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum."
      <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond to "Davy, Gordon"