LEADFREE Archives

November 2000

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Jim Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:26:32 -0500
Wolf-Dieter:

Your computation shouldn't need any further comment, but I suspect you will encounter plenty
of denunciation nonetheless. Solder lead (and component lead) is not an environmental problem.
(And Erik de Kluizenaar has been waging a passionate and eloquent battle for pragmatic
recycling that would take care of the whole nasty business.) When the failure rate of critical
electronic assemblies rockets because of overheating components, I expect mass changes of
minds. But it will be too late then, won't it?

Jim Smith
Managing Director
Cambridge Management Sciences, Inc.
4285 45th St. S.