TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Lee Whiteman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 10:16:02 -0400
Phil Nutting,

There's a trade association called: Electrical Manufacturing and Coil
Winding Association. Their website is http://www.emcwa.org/

Within their website is a membership listing:
http://www.emcwa.org/members/98mem.htm

I don't know how up to date it is since the listing is dated in 1998.

Another potential source is to contact this coil winder vendor:

        Rich Goodwin
        Sales Manager
        Gorman Machine
        7 Burke Drive
        Brockton, Massachusetts 02301
        Telephone: (508) 588-2900

I saw this vendor at NEPCON-East. He might be able to help you with finding
a source to do your coil winding or to help you solve you winding problem.
What little I know about it is that the process is extremely tooling
dependent. If your tooling is worn, or if bobbin is damaged, you may run
into this problem.

Good Luck

Lee Whiteman
Senior Manufacturing Engineer