TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Chuck Brummer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 14:17:18 -0800
Ernie,

Just as you stated, it was probably a silicone rubber sheet, usually red in color.  We use
these often in lamination for leveling the load.  Some of the rubber is good to about 345F.but
will ooze oil above that temperature.  We try to use a different rubber, black in color for
higher temperatures, up to 390F.  This oil is very difficult to remove from parts or panels.
Best bet is to clean with IPA then give it a plasma cleaning  with a mostly oxygen cycle.

Good Luck

Chuck Brummer
Acuson