TECHNET Archives

October 2000

From:
Ian Hanna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:34:50 -0500
The note makes perfect sense from a fabrication point of view.  I would also
note which side to be plugged as you mentioned.  You should supply a
'via-plug' artwork (gerber layer) as the fab shop will have no clue as to
which are 'test-vias'.    The associated pads note is also clear and makes
sense.  You may want to consider making the pads for the test vias a
slightly different size than the others, this will further emphasize the
difference to the fab-house in their front-end tooling.

Regards,

Ian Hanna
Quality Manager
Lazer-Tech Ltd.